TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now my car has been making a clunking sound while turning and cornering quickly. While turning it would go *clunk clunk* *clunk* usually through right turns, but I noticed it was doing it through the left turns too lately. Today it was pretty bad, and there would a a couple times when just coming to a stop you could faintly hear the same noise. Well, after coming to a particular stop it noticeably made the clunk, then it stopped. I drove around and was actually trying to make it clunk, but it wouldn't. The front end feels kinda of loose, but it has for a while. Basically after one significant clunk, it stopped. It still handles how it did, but it's just gone. What could this have been. After taking it to the shop a number of times they didn't find anything significant. Mystery clunk I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Midas told me today my clunking is from worn upper ball joints (which they said could be fixed for 800.00) and also was coming from my strut bar bushing.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Ball

Hello

I would say Ball joints. Lower's can be hard to tell.

You could swap both upper & lower control arms & both strut rod bushings for 800.00 easy!! Thats both sides.

If you have trouble bring it by, i can help you with that.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree. I had the same issue with my 96 bird, happened to find out it was my upper ball joint. Found out when it broke and my fender met my wheel.. :eek: . Aside the tow, the fix was cheap and easy. $95 upper control arm and ball joint assembly and an hrs work. Alot better than 800.00!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts