TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes Lincoln Continental is making a growling sound on the front left side that stops completely when you are in a good left curve but is horrible and is even getting hard to turn in a right. I thought it might be bearings but I know practically nada about FWD so I thought Id ask could be cv problems or anything. Im just not sure what to do and I dont want to throw parts at it! Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
A growling noise is most usually a wheel bearing. A clicking or popping noise would be a cv joint. From what you describe it sounds like wheel bearings. I'd replace them both. If one is bad chances are the other isn't too far behind. I don't think you replace the bearings, I think it's a "hub assembly"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey my internet crapped out so I couldnt look to see what anybody said. I just went with my gut and replaced the assembly on that side cause we had a long trip this week and it fixed it quiet as can be now. By the time we got back other side was startin to growl, like you said if ones shot the other isnt far behind! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts