TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay whenever I take a sharp corner at low speeds like around a parking lot my front tires squeal like pigs! I noticed that when my car sits and I look at it from the front it looks like the top of the tire is in further and the bottom of the tire is sticking out. I don't know what this is called... Camber or something. You know when a honda lowers his car and the front tires are like this??

Anyway, just wondering what would be causing this? Upper control arms or something is got to be worn out.

Jake

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you still have stock springs (not lowered), then hopefully all you need is an alignment. It could be upper control bushings or ball joints worn out, but I would think you would have more serious symptoms.

Low speed turning squealing has always been an early indicator for me for alignment needs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know about the squeeling, but it is normal on thunderbirds for the top of the tire/wheel to be canted inward a little bit. I have had four Tbirds, and every one that I have seen is like that, and an alignment tech. made a comment about that to me just the other day. You may still need an alignment though. What kind of tires do you have on your car? If they are on the lower end of the quality ladder, that might be at least part of the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts