TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I was checking out my front tires and noticed that my drivers side front tire has a really bad uneven wear. The outside edge of the drivers front is wearing out much faster than the rest of the tire. There's a strip about 2 inches wide that has all the tread worn down, while the rest of the tire looks good. The passenger side is completely normal. Does this sound like a camber issue? I know the alignment is off slightly, but I figured both tires would show wear with an alignment problem.

And, if it is a camber problem, is this something I could correct myself and how?

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
It is alignment for sure, get it fixed. Probably a bad Tie Rod.

·
Registered
262 Posts
maybe your just taking right hand turns to fast lol j/k It sounds like a + chamber issue to me.
I'll second that. Sounds way too positive (out at the top). If your front end is tight (no worn out parts) and it's worn smoothly without being cupped very much, it's a camber issue. A bad tie rod, or improper toe-in usually wears the tire sort of sawtooth. The rubber between each circumferential groove is high on one side and low on the other. It seems the wider the tire, the faster and further in it wears.

If all 4 tires are the same size, you might rotate that front tire to the rear before getting it lined up. Mine have always worn on the inside on the rear. If yours is like mine, you can then wear the inside 2" of tread down. :D

That is all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts