TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two weird noises that are coming from my front-end. One is when I turn into a parking spot quickly while braking and turning sharp(not suicidal(sp?)), It makes a clunking sound as i straighten the wheel back out. The other is a rubbing noise that I have had since I replaced the Inner Tie Rod, I have had the car alligned since then and it is still there, it sounds like the tire is rubbing but i have looked and it is not rubbing anything. It is always there unless i turn the wheel to the left.?
Any help and Ideas about these issues is appreciated
Thanks
Tyler

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
the rubbing, if it sounds like a humming noise, its your hub since it dissapears when u turn left...which could mean the left hub is going bad...the other noise when u turn, im not sure, but it could be a caliper sticking or your pads could be worn out and thin and could be clunking around the caliper...just an idea...someone here would know...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I agree that the humming is probably from your hub / wheel bearing. I thought I had a tire noise, but it was the hub.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could the clunking be my rack and pinion?, I have had inner tie-rods replaced on both sides but there still seems to be some play in the inner part of the tie-rods. Maybe rack dying?
Thanks, I'll check the bearings.
Tyler

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
check your ball joints too. I'll be replacing mine this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as the rubbing check the metal shield on the inside of the rotor. When you worked on the car you could've bumped it. Check the clearance between the rotor and the shield when you turn the wheel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The clunk is probably one of your shocks are toast.

·
Registered
329 Posts
like i always say try the frames bolts first!

it do wonders for ride/noise when you give em a good tightening , just dont jack the car to do this or it will set down wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts