TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a loud humming noise coming from the front end basically from start and keeps getting louder the faster i go . when i'm on the freeway and turning left the humming stops till i straighten out. i thinks its on the drive side.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Sounds like a wheel bearing. When you turn left it is putting more load on the passenger side and less on the driver. Does it get worse when you turn right?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
What kind of shape are your tires in? Are there any strange wear patterns or bulges (like a separate steel belt) Tires can give the same humming sound as well

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought when i had mjy old tires on but i just changed them last month and it still does the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
it is definatly your wheel bearing... I have had 3 go bad in 2 years. They are easy to replace, about 15-20 minutes each side

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds like a bearing problem ....what about the dust shield behind the rotor??? iis it contacting the rear face of the rotor??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no their not touching each other i'm going to replace the bearing but i have to wait till next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts