TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While shopping for a front end conversion kit for a friend's S10, I got to wondering:

Will any of the front end stuff from a Mark 8 fit on a 96 cougar? I think the thinner, longer headlights from the first gen marks looks good, and I was wondering if anyone had tried to fit them onto a cougar body, or if it's just too different?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
They are too different. I guess if you are a custom body guru you might be able to pull it off but it would be lots 'o work.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
it would look funny i think, im not a fan of putting things on cars that don't belong, like SC rear bumpers that say SC when u don't have one, unless its filled in, cuz i have SC side skirts on my 93 lx, but with the headlights, those are like a signiture to the mark8 to me, u see those lights u think mark 8, and then have them on a cougar, would look out of place.

the rest of the mark seem to flow with the lines of the lights, the elongated sleekness.

but i mean if u want to put time and money into doing it and it turns out good looking ill be glad to shut up and give u credit lol, i just see it loooking out of place.

but goodluck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts