TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I may have found a solution!

I am reading Ford headlight switch diagrams, and apparently there is a circuit 484 (O/BK) which is hot when the ignition is on but off when the switch is turned to Parking or Headlights On.

This circuit is used to illuminate the radio LCD during the daytime.

Could I use this circuit to power my DRLs?
Good idea I would assume so. Depending on what LED's you are powering, it would probably be a good idea to put a relay in so too much current isn't drawn through the 484 circuit.

Might use this idea myself. I need to replace my OEM headlights and will probably rewire it then

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
The radio has both an ignition and a constant 12v. Most cars are set up like that. Probably one of the easier ones to tap off.

Off topic, but for my aftermarket radio I ran the dimmer circuit from the now unused cigerette lighter bulb, to activate the dimmer function.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
If you want to get really interesting look up the "switchback" bulbs. Plan to use them when I replace the headlights, going to wire White to run with the headlights, and have Amber flash with the side corner lights. I believe I saw someone here had that setup; it may have been on the facebook page.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I like the Zevo as well, have them in the corners and the taillights. Wish they made a switchback style but probably isn' going tot happen being a large company. They stick to only OEM style and DOT approved. Their LED fog lights replacements have a large disclaimer on the box to only use in foglights, not in the headlights. Doesn't stop people obviously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts