1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
36 mm if memory serves.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
36 mm all around. You can rent the socket at AutoZone for a $20 deposit, which is refunded when you bring it back.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
I think the only 36 mm sockets that are commonly available are labeled as "axle nut sockets", and those are deep wells.

·
Super Moderator
10,404 Posts
Advanced auto is selling these now, for much cheaper than I paid for mine, lol.

·
Registered
418 Posts
standard depth socket will work. sears has them.

do NOT reuse hub nuts. you should purchase a new one from Ford each time to remove them.

250 ft lbs of torque is a lot BTW.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
My torque wrench only went to 175 ft/lbs so I had to get them up to 200+ using a plain ol' 1/2 in driver and a breaker bar when I did it. Bent the darn thing in the process... it was a lot easier to do than I thought!

·
Registered
418 Posts
94MN1246,

I was calling attention to the high torque value here....it might be one of the top 3 highest torque settings on the whole car. So thats a lot. Its a safety thing...trying to help a brother out who might not have a shop manual. Mine are re-torqued properly.

After 8 years of being on this site and its predecessors, thanks for reminding me why people leave and stop contributing useful info.

·
Super Moderator
10,404 Posts
Remember to torque, spin the wheel, torque, spin... Until it quits changing; Then take it the last bit.

And check it after a drive down the street; I checked mine everyday for a week... :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts