TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I’m going to have to drop the crossmember…. again :mad: I figured I might as well install my under-drive pulleys that I've had laying around for two years. :D

So with the balancer coming off, can I also install a new front seal? I have one at the house (for my DOHC), but I can’t remember if it goes in from the front or the back of the timing chain cover. And is a “special” tool needed? :2huh:

Any tips (besides making sure I use some RTV on the balancer keyway)? :thumbsup:

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Having built one modular short block, I can say that it is basically no different that assembling any other short block. It is nothing special except for the OEM fasteners (and that goes out the door if you use ARP fasteners). It is just a matter of checking tolerance, etc. which is the same on any short block. It gets “interesting” when you start degreeing in the cams and porting the heads.

It goes on from the front of the cover.... Mr. "Engine Builder" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez, give me a break, I'm at work.... I can't remember everything about the 4.6L. :leftright :D

Do you think my boss would wonder why I have an engine stand on the computer room floor if I brought on into work? :2huh:

And hey, 429/460's....some go in from the front, and some go in from the back, so it was a legitimate question. (Or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it) :tongue:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p.s. Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts