TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I wouldn't have bothered with the rears as well, since we know that Vogtlands springs are still readily available and that we can use 99-04 Cobra shocks for the rear. The front is what's been the issue for us, as you've mentioned.

That said, I'm curious to see how the fronts will fit and sit. How much, if any, modification will be needed to the shock mount in order for it to fit.

Lastly, when you said that these were for a 350z and I saw the picture of the green one, I immediately thought of the Donut Media: Hi-Low episode about coil overs. Yeah. ?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I hope you picked up a set of Bilsteins or Konis! The Bilsteins were a limited production run from what I was told when I bought mine. It was about 2yrs before they were re-released. Not sure how long it will be before more are made again, if at all.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Your FB thread has blown up! And that other guy who posted a front end version to your post at almost the same time has received almost no attention. LOL

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
There's a guy on the TCCOA FB page saying he's using G35 coilovers up front for his T-Bird (used for drifting competitions). I'd imagine it's the same / very similar to the 350z coilover setup.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
You facebook users need to do your duty to the club and paste their pictures of these things here ;)
Not sure what's going on, my phone or the app, but it will not let me see the listings. So here's a screenshot of the black SC for sale I mentioned.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Man there is no way on five earth's I would just throw 29k worth of mods away to lost a car for 1200.. that has to be to get it to go up on the listing.
It's not $1,234. It's just a price of "1234" to fulfill FB Marketplace price req's. Guy said $8,000 in the listing description.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I came across this over in Zuccland. Asked the OP for more info on the suspension aspect of his build.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Well, he's obviously made them work on our cars. So he's on to something that we don't know.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
He replied, and he made it seem super easy to do!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
His car was white before he painted it too lol.

Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess.
Phatbird would know. There's one guy in Mexico who's tried to copy his look.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
So I was having a conversation with another fellow Bird owner on FB. They have been tinkering with front suspension setup as well like us, but have not shared any information. From their claim, this person stated to me that an older Audi A6 / A6 Quattro strut is another contender to work with our cars. Like, all the way around. Not that we really need anything for the rear, but if you get the coilover kit, why not use it all, right?

He was saying that the body might be 1-1/2" taller than ours, so like the Nissan 350z, that may prove to be a challenge.

Coilover kit for $1,200

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/au...HFxijEsL23q4qj5HFQmPtnJD-H9eOzx7iysN1AsGDPxoA

Shock and strut kit for $800

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/au...cafq4l7kuYk7EWCxhZq4cCJDU5rIEabv9oj9EJzszpZFc

Front strut alone, $155

Reactions: KEVIN8989

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Tomato, Tomáto.

Even at 1-1/2" taller, aren't they still shorter than the 350z?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Throwing another insert out there for ideas. It'd need to be looked at in more detail to see if it can be adapted to our cars or not.

Koni 8641-1297 for '04 - '06 Pontiac GTO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts