TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,727 Posts
They've got 2 sets though, B6 for stock cobras and B8 for lowered ones. Does anyone know, are they the same length shock and just different valving, or are the ones for lowered cars shorter shocks? Just wondering which would be best with the sport rear springs. I may trim them enough to drop the car an inch or so, so I'm guessing the B8's are what I want.
B6 is the "heavy duty" valving. B8 is the firmer "sport" valving. It's personal preference as to which you run. B6 is "softer" than B8.

·
Registered
11 Posts
B6 is the "heavy duty" valving. B8 is the firmer "sport" valving. It's personal preference as to which you run. B6 is "softer" than B8.
Any idea how each compares to the stock Tbird rear shocks? I also found some Monroe Reflex fronts that are supposed to be similar to the original Sport fronts, wonder how they would do with either the Bilsteins or the oem cobra rears. The oem cobra shocks are pretty cheap too. It's too bad shipping to Canada kills a lot of the savings, lots of stuff costs more to ship than the parts cost.
Kristian

·
The Parts Guy
7,727 Posts
The B6 is comparable to a new set of Sport shocks. The B8's are way better (stiffer). :)

Monroe shocks are not anywhere near as stiff as Sport shocks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just curious if there has been any movement on this? I can see Bilstein B6 shocks for the 350Z for sale. Not cheap, but at least they are available. Are you thinking that the stock 350Z springs with the MN12 upper spring mount with the aforementioned minor modifications are able to run on a car? I'd love to give this a shot on my '97. My '89 XR-7 also has blown front ARC shocks that need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just curious if there has been any movement on this? I can see Bilstein B6 shocks for the 350Z for sale. Not cheap, but at least they are available. Are you thinking that the stock 350Z springs with the MN12 upper spring mount with the aforementioned minor modifications are able to run on a car? I'd love to give this a shot on my '97. My '89 XR-7 also has blown front ARC shocks that need to be replaced.
My movement on this swap was put on an abrupt pause because the car that was having the operation was deemed unsafe due to extensive rust damage.

·
The Parts Guy
7,727 Posts
Strutmasters are pretty well loathed in the Mark VIII community. They're typically only utilized to get a car back on the road after the air suspension fails.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,491 Posts
What's you all's view on strut masters front shock coilovers for the mark Vlll?
they’re not “coilovers” in the sense we’ve been discussing, they’re basically a stock Tbird shock/spring assembly to replace the shock/airbag assembly. They use bottom of the barrel replacement parts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
There's a guy on the TCCOA FB page saying he's using G35 coilovers up front for his T-Bird (used for drifting competitions). I'd imagine it's the same / very similar to the 350z coilover setup.

·
Registered
425 Posts
There's a guy on the TCCOA FB page saying he's using G35 coilovers up front for his T-Bird (used for drifting competitions). I'd imagine it's the same / very similar to the 350z coilover setup.
Seeing that the G35 is on the same platform give or take some modifications I infinity over nissan, I could see that happening. Perhaps the slight difference in the modifications to the sister brand might tip the coilover in our favor.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
You facebook users need to do your duty to the club and paste their pictures of these things here ;)
Not sure what's going on, my phone or the app, but it will not let me see the listings. So here's a screenshot of the black SC for sale I mentioned.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Man there is no way on five earth's I would just throw 29k worth of mods away to lost a car for 1200.. that has to be to get it to go up on the listing.
It's not $1,234. It's just a price of "1234" to fulfill FB Marketplace price req's. Guy said $8,000 in the listing description.

·
The Parts Guy
7,727 Posts
Evan's car is a solid buy at $8K. It has a few things that need to be sorted out, but that paint job alone is worth his asking price.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts