TCCoA Forums banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,032 Posts
Thats why I was looking at them. And they also have Bilstiens and beltech makes a kit to lower the trucks, so if they ended up being stock height I was planning to get a front kit.

But again. No time.
Other thing I ponder with these is if an adjustable Mustang coilover sleeve might fit like Mercutio used on a stock shock body(with Koni inserts). The sleeve would butt up against the snap ring.

I’ll probably start experimenting next month after my surgery.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,032 Posts
So I finally got myself out junkyarding to get dimensions from relevant areas from a mid 00s F150 FX/4

Perch

for reference MN12 front springs are 5”

Shock body diameter

The standoff to modify is stepped on this particular shock so I took both measurements

Mount thread diameter

Frustratingly I forgot to get the distance between the perch and lower mount.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,088 Posts
What's the distance to the spring cup mount for each level from the lower mounting hole? Not sure if anyone has the MN12 measurements.

·
Registered
1997 Tbird AED PI swap
42 Posts
I can get measurements this weekend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new here, I'm following the thread because I'm modifying a 66 Fairlane station wagon and I'm using all the mechanics and electronics out of a 93 super coupe 5 speed. I messed up a measurement on the front suspension and I need help from anyone.

I need the measurement from the bottom part of the "frame" to the left bolt of the top wishbone. I have 11 inches now, but I cut the struts housing from the SC and added a new frame so the original measurement is gone. I added photos to describe.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi, I'm new here, I'm following the thread because I'm modifying a 66 Fairlane station wagon and I'm using all the mechanics and electronics out of a 93 super coupe 5 speed. I messed up a measurement on the front suspension and i need help from anyone. I need de measurement from the bottom part of the "frame" to the left bolt of the top wishbone, i have 11 inches now, but i cut the struts housing from the SC and added a new frame so the original measurement bis gone. I add photos to describe.
Thank you in advance! View attachment 45061
View attachment 45064
On a side note, what you're doing has actually been successfully done here in Central Oregon, to a '66 Falcon...but the car and its owner have long disappeared.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I came across this over in Zuccland. Asked the OP for more info on the suspension aspect of his build.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I follow him on IG.

The coilovers he uses will get a Z absolutely slammed, so maybe thatll work on our cars. I forget what he did with the top hat.

I know those coils can get pricey. His rears are done too.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Ok so its the same as the 350z stuff. Those buddyclub coils have to be the ticket, cause again those on a Z or a G will have them completely slammed.

Theyre pretty pricey. Ill be trying out something else thats hopefully a good budget option.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts