TCCoA Forums banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
His car was white before he painted it too lol.

Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess.
Phatbird would know. There's one guy in Mexico who's tried to copy his look.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,032 Posts
His car was white before he painted it too lol.

Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess.
Manual swap, dual calipers and seats too. 2/3rds of the xenon body kit too, always looked goofy to me like that, their cars but I hope that doesn’t become a trend lol

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
It probably will in the drift scene.

You guys wont like how my car gets as it progresses, I already know that. Stance and body mod wise.

However

Even though I like drifting, and I love these cars, I PRAY these things dont get propular like 240s. All the clean ones are instantly gonna vanish and get turned into missiles.

Admittedly, my cars a missile. But it was a POS to start. So Id rather keep messing with this one instead of ******* up a nice one.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

·
Administrator
20,032 Posts
It probably will in the drift scene.

You guys wont like how my car gets as it progresses, I already know that. Stance and body mod wise.

However

Even though I like drifting, and I love these cars, I PRAY these things dont get propular like 240s. All the clean ones are instantly gonna vanish and get turned into missiles.

Admittedly, my cars a missile. But it was a POS to start. So Id rather keep messing with this one instead of *** up a nice one.
As long as you don’t camber the wheels and run 195s on 9” wheels. That’s dumb and cliched as hell at this point. Be original

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
As long as you don’t camber the wheels and run 195s on 9” wheels. That’s dumb and cliched as hell at this point. Be original
I ******* hate stretched tires so dont worry.

Im not cambering the rears cause again, thats stupid. But the fronts will be to make up for both caster angle at lock on the inside tire and the ackerman radius on the outside tire.
Might be getting names wrong but basically want the inside steer tire, which will be getting the most grip out of the two, to have a full contact patch. While the outside, which wont be getting a lot of grip to begin with, gets even less since itll be trying to roll at a different angle.

·
Administrator
20,032 Posts
I *** hate stretched tires so dont worry.

Im not cambering the rears cause again, thats stupid. But the fronts will be to make up for both caster angle at lock on the inside tire and the ackerman radius on the outside tire.
Might be getting names wrong but basically want the inside steer tire, which will be getting the most grip out of the two, to have a full contact patch. While the outside, which wont be getting a lot of grip to begin with, gets even less since itll be trying to roll at a different angle.
You’d be setting up the suspension as if it had struts, SLA suspensions gain camber in corners, they don’t need visually obvious static camber for maximum contact on the inside tread

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·

These cars are still designed with that angle in mind. Dont get me wrong, on normal road driving or even road courses youd want them like this because it translates to more grip cornering.
Since Im drifting, and reversing the rolls of the steer wheels, cambering the fronts a bit will fix that.

Since the red cars in the air I cant really show you now but it has the same thing.
Keep in mind Im gonna extending the control arms and shortening the knuckles soon too so this stock angle will be exaggerated.

·
Registered
1996 Thunderbird LX
418 Posts
This car already has great steering angle too. It is so easy to park it. I drifted mine a little bit. Haven't gone so crazy to use the full lock though. I eventually will but I will not trash it. The paint is bad and the hood has a dent but there is ZERO rust. I am thinking of selling it and getting another. It is very nearly fully optioned out. I don't feel right going too far with it. A PI swap and lowering it is all I want to do to it. Would really like a car I can make mistakes in. This car is not that.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I have acquired a set of dodge challenger fronts from a friend. The have the proper fork and the top hat seats nicely.

Issue is, like the ram fronts, they are roughly 4inchs taller. Ill mess with them a bit to see if they can be lowered easily, but as of now we can knock the Mopar fronts off the list of ones to try.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,088 Posts
Spring rate should be more than sufficient from one of those land barges

·
Administrator
20,032 Posts
I’m certain they won’t work, the shock body being too long because it’s on a standoff like the Z shocks(or F150 shocks) is one thing, they can be cut down, but with the LX platform shocks the body is too long, throw on a super low springs to compensate and you have no suspension travel. It’s really unfortunate as the ends are remarkably similar to the MN12 ends.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts