TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front shocks need to be done on my 95 Cougar. The spring is looking pretty corroded. I may as well replace them while everythings apart.

So here's my question. What springs and shocks would you all recommend? I don't need anything special and don't want to lower it, but I would like something a little stiffer than the stock set up.

·
Super Moderator
7,689 Posts
+1 for SC/sport springs if you don't want it lowered. Also I have the tokicko blue shocks on my MarkVIII, and for a daily driver they are great, very predictible handling but still soft enough that you can drive the car every day without having to have a chiropractor on speed dial.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
+1 for SC/sport springs if you don't want it lowered. Also I have the tokicko blue shocks on my MarkVIII, and for a daily driver they are great, very predictible handling but still soft enough that you can drive the car every day without having to have a chiropractor on speed dial.
That is what my "blues" do for my bird as well :) But some others flame them

·
Super Moderator
7,689 Posts
You can't get them new, and they would be too expensive new anyway. But 96/97 tbirds with the spring code JJJJ had the same springs as the SCs, so that would be the newest you could get.

·
Registered
170 Posts
plus one on the tokico blues! got mine off SHOX.com for less than 290 bucks. I have really been pushing these to the limits the last couple of cruises i've been on and cant tell you how happy and impressed i am with them. am using the stock SC springs. had it at triple digits and it felt nice and solid, hammers around corners great, and still feels good over harsh bumps. couldnt ask for more out a shock at that price!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I guess what i am looking for is a spring that will keep me at the same ride height but be stiffer than stock, but i hate putting used parts on my car. Is there any one who makes a spring to replace the sc springs?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Is there any one who makes a spring to replace the sc springs?
Yes there is; Duffy Floyd from SCCOA posted a link and specs for the springs.

:)

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Go over to www.coilsprings.com ...They can make any spring you want..Should run about $300 for all 4..Good luck!

Rayo...

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you want a set of JJJJ sport springs, I just removed a set (72Kmiles, excellent shape) from my son's car to install Tokico Lowering Kit. You can have all 4 springs (fronts and rears) if you want. Not sure what to ask, but compared to your link, I'd do 100.00 for the complete set. Send along a zip code to me and I will get shipping estimate. We should be able to work out something if you want them.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want a set of JJJJ sport springs, I just removed a set (72Kmiles, excellent shape) from my son's car to install Tokico Lowering Kit. You can have all 4 springs (fronts and rears) if you want. Not sure what to ask, but compared to your link, I'd do 100.00 for the complete set. Send along a zip code to me and I will get shipping estimate. We should be able to work out something if you want them.....
PM sent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts