TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a note - it's a lot easier if you do all three at one time.

I just got through:

a) Replacing the AC Delco front strut rod bushings with Genuine Ford parts,
b) Installing some 66K mile ARC shocks to replace the 130+Kmile ones that I had, and
c) installing both LCAs (the passenger side had a bad boot, so I did both, since it'll take a new alignment - and I'm too cheap to pay for two if I can get it done with one.)

An all day affair for me.

Unrelated: The screw that holds the brake hose bracket on the car is a M8-1.25 x 15mm screw. A x20mm will fit just fine. And if you spend over 2 minutes looking for it in the grass, you probably ought to just buy a new one and replace the old one.

RwP

·
Administrator
7,996 Posts
Sounds like everythings good Ralph. Thanks for the tip! :)

This is how I did mine last year, do it all at once and be done with it.

Joe

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Ralph, how were those AcDelco bushings? I still havent put mine on. I had the ford ones last time, but this time I got Delcos because I mistakenly thought motorcraft quit making the part. Turns out they were from ford only. How much life did you get out of those delcos? How did they perform? Congratulations on getting it all done. New LCAs always feel so good :)Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ralph, how were those AcDelco bushings? I still havent put mine on. I had the ford ones last time, but this time I got Delcos because I mistakenly thought motorcraft quit making the part. Turns out they were from ford only. How much life did you get out of those delcos? How did they perform? Congratulations on getting it all done. New LCAs always feel so good :)Thanks in advance.
They looked great. I thought they were the cause of the clunking, but even the Ford bushings didn't shut that up, so eh.

Car felt great, except for the occasional "thunk" in a sweeping 75MPH right or left merge onto the Interstate or a US Highway. Or a state highway.

RwP

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Cool! I was considering getting the ford ones instead. As long as I've had these delcos sitting here though, they probably wont let me take them back, lol. That's going to be a tough noise to chase down. Thanks for the quick reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts