TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front strut rod to frame bushings.....

I realize that the only good ones where the rubber and steel ones made by Ford and are discontinued and unavailable. The majority of what's out there are there seem to be the blue thermo plastic Moog type. I'm getting ready to finish up my front suspension and would like to replace the front strut rod bushings before the car goes in for the replacement rack and a alignment. So I'm just curious if there are any choices out there that don't suck or aren't the blue thermo plastic bushings.

I realize that the rubber and steel Motorcraft bushing are the way to go. But being discontinued it would seem that the only way to cobble together a set is to haunt eBay and swap meets and aquire them peice meal. And that's going to take time I don't have.

Any suggestions are welcome. I realize that there may not really be many if any good choices.

This is a daily driver. Not a restoration project or high performance build.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I went looking on the bay a month or so ago and turned up a sea of blue plastic donuts. I just assumed these are made out of unobtanuim. Ordered a set.

It's probably safe to assume that I must buy sleeves? That the old ones are rusted to the strut rods?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Yes, and Yes. :)
Done, Done and PM sent.

It to bad the the E9SZ140B parts not around. I ordered the Moog rear SRB kit when I put in my big RockAuto order awhile back. Not optimum but they've been holding up on the parts car so far ( since it t's not moving anymore ;) )......

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jay's sleeves are good. I'm in the south and my sleeves would not come apart. You'll need a die grinder to enlarge the holes on your stock washers, other than that you'e good to go.

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts