TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time is here, with 100k on the bird it's showing its age. Compiling my parts list, here is what I have so far... inner/outer tie rod ends, left/right upper/lower control arms, rack and pinion bushings, sway bar end link kit, strut rod bushing kit and sway bar bushing kit. Is there anything I'm missing? Also, instead of buying the bushing separately does anyone recommend the MN12 performance kit? Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
Ball joints? Shocks and springs? Wheel Bearings?
He listed upper/Lower control arms, that takes care of ball joints. The strut rod bushings from Moog are poly, at least the ones I put on this weekend were. I just did pretty much the same thing this weekend on another member's car, and we just replaced the control arms(upper and lower) and strut rod bushings, and it made a world of difference. Don't forget to factor in a front end alignment, because you will need it. You can try to mark the eccentrics and put them back dead on, but the differences in the new strut rod bushings are going to screw it all up anyways. I put them dead-on where they were, and the wheels were still toed out about 1" each. After the alignment, everything was perfect, and he reports it's like driving it when it was new again, that was without replacing shocks, which I would recommend.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I figured that would just about cover it, but this is the first time doing a ford front end. I replaced the shocks last winter with the better Monroe's so I should have another few years left on them. I was considering going with the sport springs but then I would have to get different shocks and that's an expense I don't have the option of going with right now and honestly I'm satisfied with the handling of the stock suspension for a daily driver. After this is done and I'm back to working full time then the rear suspension and drivetrain upgrades come. Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts