TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a set of these for my car but no longer need them, I still need to toss a coat of paint of one of them(Ford Blue) and they aren't sold with nuts/bolts, just the braces themselves.

Don't have pics yet but I will try and get some asap, but they are basically these
http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=602

The front most mounting hole will need to be drilled out larger because the hole that exists there is simply much too small.

These are made from 1.25" square tube 1/8" wall thickness, with 1/4" flat bar as the mounting tabs. Much more rigid than the more expensive SCP braces.

Make an offer+Shipping (I'm located in Canada)

I also have a a Rear Torsional Load Brace, and Lower Engine Cradle Brace set(I might still need to weld caps on one end of the pipes for the LECB) If interested make an offer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think pictures and a price will get this going. I know I have always lusted after LECB's because of creaks and firewall crack.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics, I just finished welding the end caps on so they are ready to go except for paint.

I only had enough time to paint 3 of them so I took pics of those 3. the others are pending paint. The welds are smoothed out a bit, simply for aesthetics, they aren't cold-lapped, gobs of peasized ****, I just wanted to finish them nicely.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They look to be pretty good quality. How much are you looking for each piece?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would it be possible to get these in maybe a red from you? Cause i would be interested in both front, and rear. And just to double check and make sure these would work on a 5.0 T-bird right?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it isn't possible to get them in red. blue is what I had, and right now I' not making the braces for others unless the demand is high,they SHOULD fit a 5.0

However, they are currently spoken for until I can get a shipping quote.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I' not making the braces for others unless the demand is high,
Don't hold your breath. Demand will appear to be high,until it's time for people to pay. I've made my version of these things for years, and everybody wants them when you mention it, right up til it's time to pay for it, then most end up with some life situation that takes their money away.
JL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well consider me first in line, cause I would really love a set for my 5.0.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it seems some people are not getting back to me. I need money and I need it now, so as of right now I have;

Front Suspension Support Brace $50 - Requires drilling out a hole in the K member to a larger size.

Lower Engine Cradle Brace $50 - Requires tabs to be welded to the body rails. This is unavoidable if you want a set of these you will need to weld the tabs on no matter who you buy the bracing from.

Rear Torsional Load Brace $40 - I have another one left

Shipping for both FSSB & LECB is about $25, the RTLB is about $15 to ship.

I don't know shipping costs of individual pieces except the RTLB, nor do I know the combined shipping cost of all of them in the off chance that someone wants them all.

Don't hold your breath. Demand will appear to be high,until it's time for people to pay. I've made my version of these things for years, and everybody wants them when you mention it, right up til it's time to pay for it, then most end up with some life situation that takes their money away.
JL
I've noticed, not just with this but other things.

You make some good braces, I wanted to get one of those big H shaped braces I saw in one of your posts but I'm poor, so I just made my own lol.

I don't mind making them for people, but I may require money up front and a couple of weeks lead time to build and what not.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
so I just made my own lol.
IMO-that's the best thing one can do if they have the resources. It'll be a perfect fit,and you'll have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
JL

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotta get rid of these, and everyone who keeps saying they are interested stops replying.

There has to be someone here serious about wanting a set of braces.

·
Registered
45 Posts
well got around to getting these on and the fit was way off the lecb was about 4 to 6 inches to long so tabs could not be welded on i had to get a bolt welded to the frame the fssb was ok. i had alan from dirty dog do the install he didnt seem to impressed .. i will say the car does feel better but there was some work arounds that had to be made.

kevin

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The front piece was ok, the rear was too long leaving no where to put the tab without absorbing all of the ground clearance. The mounting setups should be modified. The front of the rear bar and the front of the front bar should be reversed. Made me want to put the braces in the wrong places. Welding and finish look good however. When I designed mine I designed them to fit my car the way I wanted to without using anyone elses product as a reference. I suggest you do the same because I am not now nor have I ever been impressed with the Kenny Brown setup.
Alan

·
Banned
998 Posts
I have a KB STB and it fits and looks great.
I made my own rear torsional load brace and also made my own RSTB so I do not know anything about the rest of KB stuff.

I will make my own front braces as we'll.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts