TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
IIRC, they simply unbolt from the spindle, and swaybar - don't see why you'd need a pickel fork for that :confused:.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well they just don't pop out or pull our so i need some ideas besides having to get that special "ford" tool to get them out. thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Recently I had to disconnect the top of both endlinks when doing spring work.

I found that a 3lb baby sledge worked just fine too.

You must be having problems with the end that attaches to the swaybar?

·
Registered
135 Posts
For the sway bar end of the end link, try a piece of 2x4 to wedge between the end of the sway bar and the spindle, or something else that is solid. This will keep the swaybar from "springing" when you whack the end of the stud. I had to use a long extension with a socket (fit over the end of the stud to hold the extension in place, which is used as a drift or punch) in order to get the mini-sledge far enough out to get a good swing. Those links can be a real b++ch to get out laying on the driveway with the car on jack stands. Having the car on a lift helps immensely!

·
Registered
287 Posts
The bushing end on my end links are shot and I think they are causing that infamous rattle over bumps and unsmoth roads. Do you have to replace the whole end link or can you just get new bushings for the ens that connest to the sway bar aand to the spindle?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The rattle from the endlinks will drive you crazy. You've got to replace the whole endlink. Price was about $80 for both from Advanced Auto with lifetime warranty. Slightly cheaper for those with a 3 month warranty. The open jaws of a 10" adjustable wrench were just the right thickness to drive between the endlink and the swaybar to pop the bolt out without having to whack away at the swaybar with a BFH. Use a BFH to remove the end from the spindle. The most time consuming part of the repair is jacking the car up and removing the tire.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i used a pickle fork to remove the swaybar end of the endlink, works great, just pounded it once and it popped right outta there like nothing, the end links are not serviceable, they have to be replaced.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Did my endlinks this morning and if it is the first time you will need a fork to get them out. I am a big guy and I couldn't do anything with them until I got the fork. They are out and the new one are in and the wheel chatter is GONE. Silence is beutiful. The driveshaft comes out tomorrow for a spin balance and new Joints.....finally I can get back to the track.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Nothing like the right tool for the yob mon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts