TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a pi swap what timing cover do i need on a 94 tbird, with 2000 heads , i was understanding that 94/5 cover would work but someone told me 96/7 was the one i needed

???

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
im almost positive its the 94/5. oh and im so jealous of those pi heads your selling. if i werent so broke it be all over those.

-John

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nevermind found out today...

94/5 works just need the 8 holes where the front cover bolts to the heads needs drilled out for the bigger bolts/studs

haha yeah i scored an uber deal on a set of ported heads....check mid atlantic boards later you will see what i got ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
nevermind found out today...

94/5 works just need the 8 holes where the front cover bolts to the heads needs drilled out for the bigger bolts/studs

haha yeah i scored an uber deal on a set of ported heads....check mid atlantic boards later you will see what i got ;)
Actually its only the bottom 2 holes that need drilled out. Also, there is one hole up by the water pump that doesn't line up with the new style stuff. Just run some silicone around that hole and you are good to go.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did not notice around the water pump....i wouldnt think that would have to since the cover came off that block should line right up?

ill take a look tomorrow

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
no you won't need silicone, r8d was talking about a 96+ cover on a pre-96 block. just enlarge the holes and your good.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I see after reading it again that it looks like he wants to put PI heads on his stock block...my bad.

Acutally, what I have is 94/95 cover on a new Windsor block and PI heads. I had to only drill out my bottom 2 holes and one hole up on top did not line up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts