TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tbird is a 97, and there's this black sqaure bracket on the front of the bumper for the vanity plate or a license plate...are there any of you guys who've removed it from the bumper? If so, I'd like to see any pics, if you have it. are there two holes visible on the bumper when you remove it? (I assume so)...

I don't want that bracket to be blank...I'm thinking of getting a good vanity plate (hopefully, if I can find it, one with a "Tool" (my favorite band) logo on black background...)
or: removing it; I don't like a black square box without anything on it.

So, let me see pics of front vanity plates you guys have, or...of bumpers with the thing gone.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Just take it off.
I had to drill out the rivets when I removed mine, but it made a huge difference in the front end. It leaves four holes behind.
Get some plastic interior pins that will fit the holes. Then paint 'em body color and stick 'em in there. If they don't fit the way you want, try a small amount of silicone adhesive or something similar.
Here's what mine looks like:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. both cars looke very cool.

where do you get the plastic interior pins? are there any sizes to choose from?

also...I wonder how a 96/97 Tbird would look with the Bird emblem gobe from the grille...

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
ortbird said:
Thanks guys. both cars looke very cool.

where do you get the plastic interior pins? are there any sizes to choose from?
Actually, I bought them at Lowe's. LOL! They can be found in those little drawers in the fasteners section.
They are very, very cheap... and they serve a very good purpose. They did for me, at least.

ortbird said:
also...I wonder how a 96/97 Tbird would look with the Bird emblem gobe from the grille...
Problably like mine does, except smaller. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts