TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread into General section was going off course so I started a new thread.

I pretty much agree with SR71 on front wheel drive. They do suck but they have their place.

SR-71Blackbird said:

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
definately agree with all of those points except rain and snow. Ill take rwd in those instances for one reason: If I start to understeer in a fwd in the snow there is not much I can do to fix it. In rwd, I can accelerate, downshift and accelerate, clutch kick on the downshift and accelerate, and this will fix the understeer.

Oh, I forgot, It's good for tricycles

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
FWD is good for:

NOTHING

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Front wheel drive is good, if the rear wheels are turning too.

-Joel

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
He could just as easily mean high mpg American sh¡t boxes, you know?

·
8,239 Posts
slidebird91 said:
definately agree with all of those points except rain and snow. Ill take rwd in those instances for one reason: If I start to understeer in a fwd in the snow there is not much I can do to fix it. In rwd, I can accelerate, downshift and accelerate, clutch kick on the downshift and accelerate, and this will fix the understeer.

Oh, I forgot, It's good for tricycles
Hey bud, if your from carolina... Then you don't know about snow. Period.

Trust me you don't want a RWD anything in the snow. I have a rwd f150, its a pain in the rear every day.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i personally love driving my lincoln in the snow, handles pretty well for a heavy *** sled...doesnt help i have bald steering tires tho

i do agree fwd sucks! i had a grand prix fwd, i hated it!

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
JustinH said:

Trust me you don't want a RWD anything in the snow. I have a rwd f150, its a pain in the rear every day.
You're right about RWD not being worth a SH1T in the snow.

Oh yea, we know about snow in NC (At least in the Mountains/Western part of the state).

FYI, the highest point east of the Mississippi River is in NC. MT. Mitchell at 6,684 ft above sea level.

See also: Western NC Ski Slopes

Edit: Typo

·
Registered
245 Posts
The 4WD subura..WRX is it? i hear they move out!

Well rwd trucks arn't good in teh snow bc they have nothing in the ***..my car actually isn't bad..except when the snows DEEP..keep the trunk weighted down and you don't do that bad.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
JustinH said:

my 90 bird was great in the snow with a pair of studded snows on it. i never had any trouble with any of my other cars in the snow either and they have all been rwd, even my dads truck was half way decent as long as i didnt get carried away with it. just had to start out in 2nd gear if the roads were messy.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
blah blah blah it called being prepared for the snow and havign your truck/car equiped right, truck you have to have the right tires or your done
cars you better have snow tires and know how to drive

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well the 06 focus I had got almost 32 MPG on the highway and 27 in the city. Driving the p1ss out of it I still got 23 MPG. I cant get 23 MPG out of my Bird to save my life. And that is putting a feather on the go pedal. I did not say that FWD is better I just want to know why you guys dont like it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts