TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys this has been a problem since last fall pretty the whole top molding on my front window keeps comming off. Can anyone recommend something i can use to glue it or a trick to get it back in there without haveing the window removed?? I did go to a glass place but they said it would be tricky because they would have to take the window out and that runs the risk of it being broken. Has anyone had this happen if so what did u do.

heres a pic of what i'm talking about

thanks

-Matt-

·
Registered
608 Posts
2 part epoxy, but if you go that route, you will probably not be able to replace that window without some serious problems. aside from that no idea.

i epoxied the rain gutters on my 90ls and they worked just fine

·
Registered
514 Posts
what about just some silicon caulk?? thats what i would try, its pretty strong and it shoulnt be too bad to clean off if needed.

·
Registered
708 Posts
just grab it and pop it off. then bend it back into shape and snap it back in. it just pops on and off, but until you give it the right shape, its not gonna stay

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
modbird said:
just grab it and pop it off. then bend it back into shape and snap it back in. it just pops on and off, but until you give it the right shape, its not gonna stay

Iv tried to put it back in i pulled it off like in the pic so you guys could see what i'm talking about. I cant get the biotch to say in lol. Ill look at it again tonight but i dont think its going to snap in. I was told by the glass guy that the window has to be out for a proper install, but then again he could be wrong too

-Matt-

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
MattsLE97 said:
I was told by the glass guy that the window has to be out for a proper install, but then again he could be wrong too
I think he is mistaken. I've had mine off to paint it, and it snapped right back into place.

You may just have clips missing from yours. I suggest finding another one at the bone yard or at the dealer since yours is all bent up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
molding

OK, these have clips that fit down inside the opening when the molding is off, buy a new molding and the clips come with it . about 40 bucks . At Ford . later , DW

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think '96-'97s had a rubber mldg....which that's what it looks like in the pic. This mldg fits on the edge of the glass, and the only proper way to do it is to pull the glass. It's completely different from the early cars, which had a mldg that is held in with clips.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes

Yes , you are right , this is on the early models , just trying to help , so this may be a job for super glue or bigger . Let us know what it took to do the fix . SCya, ,,,,,,,,DW

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya its a rubber molding. I actually just took it offf for now because i cant keep it in. The window is sealed so it wont leak.

-matt-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts