·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who sells these

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You have to find a used one. They are out of production.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
Teeps and myself build them. Frpp was cheaper, but had quality issues.
Alan
Not trying to steal the thread but... what quality issues? I have one that I bought brand new from Dan a few years ago that has been sitting in my garage. I am planning on installing it this winter.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Thanks! I guess I will just use "75w-140 synthetic ford lubricant and 2 bottles of modifier" and hope for the best.

·
Registered
767 Posts
hey,i didnt want to start another thread since i found this one but,is there a way i can visually see if the 8.8 i bought is a frpp unit? i popped the cover and didnt think to check the wear pattern and already sealed it up and added the fluids but when i had it off the teeth didnt look damaged at all. the gears in it had 3.73 stamped into it along with the ford logo,so the more i think about it the more i suspect it might be the frpp diff.

I got it from a guy off ebay who said he got it out of a supercoupe,so i guess either the people who owned the sc got a mark case and put the gears and traction lok in it,or they had the frpp one installed,if there is a way to tell visually ill get some pictures of it for you guys,thanks

http://a627.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_db9c7bdd0ca29d79cd892c004d38840a.jpg heres the only picture i took while the cover was off.

·
Registered
917 Posts
that looks exactly like my mark viii case

·
Registered
917 Posts
yep thats a mark case for sure

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Ford Racing sells an empty aluminum carrier for an IRS now... You can buy pretty much everything you need from Ford Racing and choose your own gear ratio. All you have to do is install them or have someone capable of doing the job...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The only difference I see is right above the passenger side CV seal. The FRPP unit is solid and the Mark unit has a groove. Just for reference:

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
The only difference I see is right above the passenger side CV seal. The FRPP unit is solid and the Mark unit has a groove.
Weird...both of my FRPP centersections have that groove. I bought both of them around 2001-2002.

-Rod

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Just how much lighter is the aluminum case? I just put the t-loc from the LE in the GT(LX) and was once again amazed at how heavy those mothers are. Sure would like to save some weight if its significant.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Not worth the time and expense for 15lbs. Thanks.

Now if someone were to just give me an entire Mark VIII rear end (pumpkin, control arms, etc.) I might be tempted. ;)

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
ive heard having a stronger iron case is the way to go? not too sure where or when i heard that but yea...

plus our cars are front end heavy, i need to concentrate on moving the battery to the rear and getting weight off the front.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts