TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,263 Posts
What's the deal with Motive?

I've had 3.73 FRPP gears (with that part number) for over two years without any problems.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
1 thing about gears.......I buy used gears.....I have never had a problem with whine.
It seams that those with issues have issues with how the gear was installed.
There are tons of people happy with their motive gears....I personally stay away from them...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Is M-4209-F373N the correct part number? Does the "M" mean motive? If so, is there any other option, since everywhere I read says stay away from motive.

seth
My son just put a set in his Mark VIII. Rear end mechanic said it was a heavy duty set. I have had a set for 3 years +, no problems and I be rough.

Brad

·
Registered
101 Posts
M-3601-B Ford Racing Steering wheel
M-9593-B302F Ford Racing 30# injector set
M-6766-N303 Ford Racing Breather cap
M-12297-L901 Ford Racing Billet Plug Wire separator kit

See where I am going with this? The 'M' at the beginning of the part number is designating 'Ford Racing'. All you had to do is go to the Ford Racing website and see all their part numbers begin with 'M'.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Motive Gears are made in China. I am sure they are fine, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

·
Super Moderator
12,263 Posts
Here's a picture of the cover of the box that mine came in. Read for yourself where they're made at...

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
M-3601-B Ford Racing Steering wheel
M-9593-B302F Ford Racing 30# injector set
M-6766-N303 Ford Racing Breather cap
M-12297-L901 Ford Racing Billet Plug Wire separator kit

See where I am going with this? The 'M' at the beginning of the part number is designating 'Ford Racing'. All you had to do is go to the Ford Racing website and see all their part numbers begin with 'M'.
a few years ago, the M was not there........

622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. I just been reading various places and had seen multiple comments like CometGSR, but had not had verification of actual part number.

Sxar, I did look at the FRPP website and saw that everything started with an "M", hence my confusion.

95badbird. I saw similar on a different mustang website differentiating between "M" (motive) and "A"(not motive).

thanks. I will buy M-4209-F373N and be done with it. :)

seth

·
Registered
367 Posts
i got my richmond gears in mine no problems

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
The FRPP Ring and Pinion Gears are not the same quality as the OEM gears you could buy at a dealership.

·
Super Moderator
12,263 Posts
The FRPP Ring and Pinion Gears are not the same quality as the OEM gears you could buy at a dealership.
What kind of a statement is that? Care to clarify?

If you mean that they're a better, higher quality than original parts because they're made specifically for racing... hence the "R" in FRPP. I'd have to agree with you.

FRPP gears are OEM; and I bought mine guess where!? ... That's right, a Ford dealership. What do you think the "F" in FRPP stands for :confused:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Please give me the secret code to identify Ford wasting parts. What bull****! Just put a set of the same gears in my son's Lincoln as I put in my TBird. They are Ford Parts. Internet crap!

Brad

·
Registered
892 Posts
Look, you want different gears go buy them. I have been beating the crap out of a set of 3.73's for 3 years. Just installed a set in my sons Mark VIII which is nicely tuned by Jerry and has the Jerry modded trans. He has joined me in the assualt on the gear and will now join me at the track for further abuse. They are good gears. This just more internet abuse. jmho backed by realtime experience.

Brad

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
so I asked again.....and the guy who answered, is an old friend who works/worked for Ford...not sure doing what....but at least I'm asking.

http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641740

I use only Ford gears.....that have nothing to do with Motive....even if you believe it is internet hype, good for you. type what yall want, as I really don't care what brand you choose.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts