TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences (if any) between a FRPP 8.8 Trac-Loc rear pumpkin and the Trac-Loc rear Pumpkin that for put in the SuperCoupes? Are they the same unit, different metals, whatever?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
SC's had an iron case and the third member FRPP sells is an Aluminum case. The operation is the came, both are clutch type limited slips.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
frpp pumpkin is al. it uses the mk8 housing. The SC diff is oe iron.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Last I heard FRPP had discontinued selling their unit though

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad to hear that (the part about the aluminum vs. iron). I suspected it, just wanted confirmation, thank you very much. :D

I have access to an FRPP 3:73 rear end. I'd like to keep the 3:27's, but would love to have the aluminum FRPP trac-loc. I may have to arrange to have the FRPP's gears swapped with the 3:27 iron trac-loc I already have. Any thoughts on that?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its my understanding that, though the Marks do have aluminum cases (and 3:27's), none of them came with Trac-Loc.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
If you wanna get rid of the iron case and the 3.73's . . . :D Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL I'll let you know. It had already occurred to me that the "heavy" 3:73's wouldn't be real hard to get rid of. ;)

The FRPP's are actually in a car I have yet to pick up. (going to get it next Sat.) I'll have to drive it, and make sure everything is as good as it appears to be prior to making any definite plans. Wouldn't want to install any faulty parts (or sell any).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts