TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need anything else besides the pumpkin and friction modifier?

I assume if you are careful, you need nothing else. MMX shaft is going in at the same time.

·
8,239 Posts
The pumpkin I sell has fluid in it already, but I like to drain it out and refill with mobil1 and friction modifier.

Take a good look at your IRS bushings, you might want to replace them.

You will need a speedometer gear to correct your speedometer, your 4r70w equipped car needs a purple one from the dealer. Its a six dollar item if my mind serves me right.

JH

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JustinH said:
The pumpkin I sell has fluid in it already, but I like to drain it out and refill with mobil1 and friction modifier.

Take a good look at your IRS bushings, you might want to replace them.

You will need a speedometer gear to correct your speedometer, your 4r70w equipped car needs a purple one from the dealer. Its a six dollar item if my mind serves me right.

JH
Well your selling me the pumpkin. (Whenever my damn check arrives) :D I'm a man of my word, and I told you I'd grab one of those pumpkins from you awhile back.

I have a bottle of friction modifier and the correct speedo sitting around.

Thought about the bushings. MN12Performance has the IRS bushings for $40.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Justin, when you say they come full with "fluid", do you mean just the gear oil, or do you mean the gear oil AND the friction modifier?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JustinH said:
i would just call dan newman, and get everything from him.
Get what from him?

The bushings? the $40 ones were poly.

·
8,239 Posts
Aaron K. said:
Justin, when you say they come full with "fluid", do you mean just the gear oil, or do you mean the gear oil AND the friction modifier?
They are filled with ford spec gear lube and the proper mixture of modifier from the factory.

I dump that stuff out and go with mobil1 or royal purple.

JH

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
chrisnack said:

Get what from him?

The bushings? the $40 ones were poly.
contact Jeff and www.nitrostangracing.com and get the Steeda poly bushings, mine were 36$ after tax since i went to his house to pick them up. Only thing you have to do is get the PN from steedas site.

joseph

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
I'm also about to swap to the frpp rear. how many quarts of rear end oil do i need and how many bottles of friction modifier? thanks

Frank

·
Registered
369 Posts
chrisnack said:
Do I need anything else besides the pumpkin and friction modifier?
Probably an alignment when you are done. But that depends on how you take stuff apart.

·
Registered
724 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
I'm also about to swap to the frpp rear. how many quarts of rear end oil do i need and how many bottles of friction modifier? thanks

Frank
Last weekend it was about 1.5 quarts of gear lube and 4oz of friction modifier.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do u still have any of them rears justin?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
One items not mentioned yet are the hub/half-shaft nuts.

I believe they are not reusable and they probably aren't available at the local parts stores. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
One items not mentioned yet are the hub/half-shaft nuts.

I believe they are not reusable and they probably aren't available at the local parts stores. :thumbsup:
i ran into the same problem with the front hub nut...the rears are about 7$ from Ford...im lucky enough to have the warehouse in town so i get it really cheap or have it Will Called for me:D

joseph

·
Registered
303 Posts
Justin,

You sell the pumpkin? is it an 8.8 with 3.73s???:cool:

if so... I'm interested:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
tsbird1994 u been pmed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts