TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of the blue ano pulleys from FRPP and need to know what all I need to make this work. It seems that the new pulley is a LOT lighter than the stock pulley. I realize that the u/d is alum., and the stock is steel, but I can't help but think that I'm missing the balancer weight if I change to the u/d pulley. Also, I need to know what belt I would need to take up the slack from the new pulleys, as it gives me about an inch too much belt for the tensioner to handle. Anyone have a part # for this belt, or a cross-reference? And if I need to add a balancer onto the new pulley, where can I get one? Thanks in advance.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
With the FRPP ones you bolt your steel one to the front of it and use both. Didn't they come with instructions? It should have come with a longer crank bolt to go through both and 3 bolts to join the two crank pullies together. You shouldn't need a new belt as the waterpump pully is larger to accomodate the change

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, these are a set that someone had laying around, and just wanted to get rid of, so they are used. I didn't get the directions w/ them, or the bolts(figures). He only had the alt. and crank pulley- no water pump pulley. They were cheap, so I didn't really want to argue. I really don't want to change the water pump pulley anyway, so it's not an issue. Ok, I can get a longer crank bolt from a parts store, and the 3 bolts needed to bolt the 2 pulleys together. My next q is do you bolt the pulleys together from the back, leaving the stock bolt holes open to use a remover again if needed? I really wish I could get a copy of those directions. If any of you guys have them, could you post or link to it, I be forever gratefull!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
FordMan77 said:
Well, these are a set that someone had laying around, and just wanted to get rid of, so they are used. I didn't get the directions w/ them, or the bolts(figures). He only had the alt. and crank pulley- no water pump pulley. They were cheap, so I didn't really want to argue. I really don't want to change the water pump pulley anyway, so it's not an issue. Ok, I can get a longer crank bolt from a parts store, and the 3 bolts needed to bolt the 2 pulleys together. My next q is do you bolt the pulleys together from the back, leaving the stock bolt holes open to use a remover again if needed? I really wish I could get a copy of those directions. If any of you guys have them, could you post or link to it, I be forever gratefull!
Well... not sure how that will work if you don't change the water pump, because you need to change that to pick up the slack in the belt. If you keep the stock water pulley then I had NO clue what size belt you'll need, you'll have to kee trying to find one that will fit. Our tensioner's make the job easier, but still not gonna be a cake.

You shouldn't need any bolts, you can use all the stock ones. You'll need a harmonic balancer puller and a crank pulley starter. The starter pulls your crank pulley on since the actual crank bolt is too short to thread when you just push the crank on.

If you paid over $50 for those pullies, then you probably got ripped since your missing a pulley, namely one of the most imortant ones. The Alternator pulley can be left alone, but you really need the new water pump otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose. And you won't have any cooling issues with the larger water pump pulley. I don't know of anyone that has issues with U/D pulleys. I run my original motorcraft battery from 97, and have a larger stereo, never once had a issue with charging our overheating.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Forgot.. if you didn't get the bolts to attach your stock dampener to the new one, then I have no clue on those as well.

I alwasy recommend the steeda pulleys and any other set that isn't piggyback style, just a better solution in the long run. IMO

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I'll look when I get home to see if I still have the instructions. The bolts go through the front

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the pulleys are made by March, if you really want to make the ones you have work, i would contact March and see if they will sell you the crank bolts too..you will also need three bolts that secure the old dampener to the new crank pulley. But it might be cheaper to scan ebay, the corral, and stangnet for a complete set with all the hardwear. I got a set of March 1150s for 60$ shipped.

joseph

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Appreciate it guys. And no, I only paid $8.99 for the 12 pack of beer and some of my assistance on a buddies car for a few hours. I'll look around and see if I can find the waterpump pulley to match. I'm sure someone has one. If not, I'll email March and see if I can get this stuff from them to complete the set. Thanks for the input guys. I'll get this to work eventually. Guess I'll go ahead and start on the exhaust work first. Delays, delays.....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
FordMan77 said:
Cool. Appreciate it guys. And no, I only paid $8.99 for the 12 pack of beer and some of my assistance on a buddies car for a few hours. I'll look around and see if I can find the waterpump pulley to match. I'm sure someone has one. If not, I'll email March and see if I can get this stuff from them to complete the set. Thanks for the input guys. I'll get this to work eventually. Guess I'll go ahead and start on the exhaust work first. Delays, delays.....
There is always a delay :)

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts