TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called advance auto, autozone, and o Reilly, to get the merc marauder stock torque converter. And they all sell a low stall version. Does anybody know where I can purchase a rebuilt with correct factory stall without spending over $200. Or is that me having hopeful thinking. I don't understand why rebuilders who sell mass production converters lower stock stall specs and advertise the item as oe to customers. False advertisement in my book. Any part numbers or suppliers for true stock stall converters. Thank you

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
If it's FM70 the stall on that is 2,100-2,500 rpm. I contacted the converter company about that. I bought the one at advance with the discount I paid just a little over $100 with the core charge. I'm sure it's not as good as a DD converter but for a basically stock sohc dd I think it'll be fine. Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
heres the number for my converter guy ... I used his converters in all of my cars with out any problem and he does custom work as well probley bild you anything you want I am sure he will ship anywhere 1 800 374 3436

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called todat

I called pro king today they told me fm70 as well but they state it was a low stall version. Did you notice any improvement over the stock? I will call the guy about the built converter hopefully he isn't to high priced. I was looking for a stall to around 2800 thanks for replies

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
If your wanting 2,800 I think you'll have to get one built. I guess stock is 1,500-1,800. I think for the money the FM70 will be good enough for me. I'm just looking to loosen it up a little. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.