TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: AEM Brute Force Air Intake | 4.6L V8 (SOHC)

I have here a lightly used AEM Brute Force Air Intake for 1996-2004 Ford Mustang GTs, and I have seen them used on Crown Victorias and Thunderbirds using the 4.6L engine. Came with my 2004 Mustang GT when I bought it, but I wasnt a fan of the shiny chrome. This unit is 50 state street legal, and CARB exempt if you live in CA. I have photos I will post once I find my camera cable, here's a stock photo:

This unit retails new for $259: http://www.aemintakes.com/store/product.aspx?Prod=21-8103DP

Im asking PRICE DROP: $100/shipped :)

PM me.

Happy New Year Guys. :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Unless it comes with a heat shield it is a hot air intake, not a cold air intake.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless it comes with a heat shield it is a hot air intake, not a cold air intake.
True, but it is marketed on their website as a Cold Air Intake, if someone asks about the item I will make that clear. :)

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
True, but it is marketed on their website as a Cold Air Intake, if someone asks about the item I will make that clear. :)

Thanks. ;)
No it isn't. It is marketed on their site as a "Brute Force Intake System". If you click on "More" on the page that you linked to you will find that they list all the types of intakes that they make. "Cold Air Intake" is one type, "BRUTE FORCE Air Intake" is another.
That being said, their generic listing for the Brute Force intake shows a heat shield while the picture for the specific intake that you linked to does not.
That is all I will say, I just wanted to make sure anyone reading this thread knows exactly what is being offered for sale.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it isn't. It is marketed on their site as a "Brute Force Intake System". If you click on "More" on the page that you linked to you will find that they list all the types of intakes that they make. "Cold Air Intake" is one type, "BRUTE FORCE Air Intake" is another.
That being said, their generic listing for the Brute Force intake shows a heat shield while the picture for the specific intake that you linked to does not.
That is all I will say, I just wanted to make sure anyone reading this thread knows exactly what is being offered for sale.
Valid point, fixed. :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump! :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey, did you happen to notice that when you click on the link the OP left and then click on "Installation Instruction Sheet", it says "Excludes Mustang Bullet" - it's BULLITT, not Bullet!!!

It's also true that it's C.A.R.B. exempt for California, but it also states "Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may NEVER be used upon a highway"!!

Dennis

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, did you happen to notice that when you click on the link the OP left and then click on "Installation Instruction Sheet", it says "Excludes Mustang Bullet" - it's BULLITT, not Bullet!!!

It's also true that it's C.A.R.B. exempt for California, but it also states "Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may NEVER be used upon a highway"!!

Dennis
Hmm, I never had an issue with it. Why would it be CARB exempt but not street legal... :confused:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure; I was just quoting from the product page that you had linked to. It seems kind of strange to me, too.

Dennis
Well, I just wanna get rid of it. :)

Im open to lowballers...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you guys are pretty critical of his sale.. i bet you get a heat shield on that and it would work pretty [email protected] good.

GLWS
Yeah, haha. I just want it out of my garage, and you guys would save $260 off the price of a new one. As I said earlier, I will be willing to accept most anything at this point...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
you guys are pretty critical of his sale.. i bet you get a heat shield on that and it would work pretty [email protected] good.

GLWS
I think you maybe misunderstood my posts; I'm not trying to be critical of the OP nor am I trying to sabotage his sale. My criticism is directed at the manufacturer's website/information of the product! They mistakenly refer to a Mustang Bullitt as a Mustang Bullet and then give conflicting info regarding the use of the product in California!

I'm sure it's not a terrible product, but without a shield to prevent it from drawing in warm, underhood air, I can't see any performance gains. Now, install a shield so that it can draw in only cool, outside air, that's another matter entirely.

Dennis

·
Registered
875 Posts
If ya still have it, when my work picks up, i'll be taking it off your hands. :) Just put in 2 bids for new homes, so something should break soon.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If ya still have it, when my work picks up, i'll be taking it off your hands. :) Just put in 2 bids for new homes, so something should break soon.
Awesome man. :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
875 Posts
the best bolt on CAI is a MAC:

What exactly does this have to do with the original poster's item for sale? Nobody asked which is best or worst, it's a "for sale" thread.:facepalm:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What exactly does this have to do with the original poster's item for sale? Nobody asked which is best or worst, it's a "for sale" thread.:facepalm:
Thanks man. :)

Thats like me putting my 1989 Base up for sale in the thread and everyone piping up saying, "Dont buy the Base, the SC is totally better." Well thanks alot guys... :tongue:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump guys, Pending but still taking offers. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts