Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my longtubes finally installed, I have the ported stock exhaust manifolds from Braincoating (the late Preston Smith, aka tbirdbrain) off the car. They are still in good condition, though no longer a shiny black.

These are the heavily "severe" ported manifolds (compared to "normal" porting). Here's what Preston had to say about them:

I normally quote 325bhp as the top end for light porting but deep in my heart im happier with a 300hp cap for the light work and anything over that going with the 'severe' version.
These out-flow shorty headers and are only eclipsed by 3/4 or full-length headers; a great way to free up some power without needing to rework the exhaust.

Photos are available upon request, though I'll probably update this with some later this week. This is what they looked like when they were new (the studs are installed now):

Given Preston's passing a few years ago, these are no longer available new. I am looking to get $250 plus shipping for the pair.

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All PMs regarding these have been replied to.

Had I known how much interest in these there'd be I'd have raised my asking price! :ROFLMAO:

Here are a few photos of them in their current condition. Despite the original ceramic coating being Preston's "satin black" recommendation with a 2000 degree heat rating, most of it has been baked off in the last 9 driving seasons.

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These have been sold. I was very surprised by how many people wanted these! Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest; it was great to feel this site come alive again, however briefly. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.