TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the best source to buy a FSM CD from? Motorcraft has a link to a company called Helm who wants $120. Surely there are cheaper sources out there.

'97 LX

Thanks,

Scott

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
I have the Helm Book for my 96; It has everything you'd want to know about the car...

I also bought the EVTM; it has helped a lot over the years.

Now I just need to buy the books for the Mark VIII, and I can start figuring out how the cooling system is going to hook up...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Grog6. I figured that the Helm manual would be the best since it is FoMoCo authorized. But $120? Man, that's probably twice what I have ever paid for a FSM. And they were hardcopy, not electronic. Oh well, one has to do what one has to do. I do see a number of ebay stores have the EVTM in the $10 range - now we're talking.

I'll keep looking around to see if I can buy a Helm FSM used somewhere.

Here is an interesting DVD version of a "claimed" authorized FoMoCo service manual. Anyone have any experience with this? Ebay item # 300227416240 $28 B.I.N. w/free shipping.

And then there are a few more 3rd party FSM's. No clue what the original source for the CD is, but I do know that I ain't sending my cash to Romania, which is the case with one of these 3rd party CD's. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I picked up a used Helm's manual for about $100 a while back.

The damn thing is like a phone book, and it has more information than you ever needed to know about your vehicle- totally worth the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts