TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
That is my assumption. The B-A-S was not turned up all the way when the car was on the dyno at Walsh Motorsports, but it was when I later drove the car on the road. At WOT, there was a "coarseness" to the feel of the engine that seemed like an ignition issue. My setup has COP with a conversion harness, and seems to work well, at least at 13 psi boost.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gotcha,

I'm running a COP setup that I wired into the factory harness , 22 psi with no issues. Maybe the harness is the issue? Are you using factory coils?

·
Registered
984 Posts
After things didn't go well with the 2.8" diameter blower pulley, I bought a 3.0" pulley. Put it on this morning and drove the car around my area. I checked the AFR during a brief WOT, and it was in the 11.5-12.0 range. The boost gauge showed 14 psi (although I didn't run all the way to max rpm), so it was making about 1 psi more than the 3.2" pulley I've been running. There was none of the "coarseness" I have attributed to ignition limitations - the car just pulled hard. I am a little concerned about belt slip, since the 54.5" belt which worked great with the 3.2" pulley isn't very tight on the 3.0". Tried the next size down Gates belt, which is 53.7", and it wouldn't go on. After looking online, I ordered a Continental belt which is 54.0" and hopefully will work better. Anyway, I made an appointment with Walsh for more chassis dyno tuning in early September.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome man!! that 5.0 is eating boost, I feel like I made 14 psi on the 3.2 but don't remember. There are gates belts for every size you just have to look at the chart. Are you running the stock tensioner? if so you may want to hit up Charles at magnum powers for a billet unit. keep me posted on the tuning results.

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts