TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I've gotten gas a couple of times I'm pretty sure its the car and not the way I'm pumping the gas in but the pump will stop every couple of seconds un less I just trickle the gas into the tank. I traced the vent tube as much as I could and it didn't look kinked or anything. Is anyone fimiliar with this problem?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
do you have the nozzle shoved in as far as it will go? If i do that, it will do the same thing as you mentioned. i pull it out a little, and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried playing with it at the pump and I didn't have any luck. I'm just wondering if there is a valve or something that might be sticking. I don't really know what this fuel system contains.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've run into that a few times... In my case, it was the pump. If you have the "clean air" nozzles that seal onto the tank, try filling while hildong the seal away from the tak (so there is no seal).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that. I tried moving the nozzel to a few different positions with no luck. Its not a terrible problem but with the temp less than 10 degrees I go numb by time the tank is full

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've gotten fuel a couple more times and it is definately a problem with the car and not the pump. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be or what I could check?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts