TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to change my fuel filter the other day and the thing wont come out. i tried using some pliers as a lever to push the plastic tool thing in there but the plastic just broke, then i tried it again with the metal release tool... no luck. any suggestions? the only good thing that came of this was my lumpy idle went away i`ll probably see a huge difference once i actualy get it changed out

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I had almost exact same issue, I ended up using some wd-40, got it loose, then was able to get it out using the plastic style tool.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what the guy at autozone said but i was a little skepticle to start spraying before i asked around, thanks

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i had the same problem as well although i eventually persuaded the thing to come off with the tool. i dont understand why they cant use hose clamps its already clamped to the frame its not like its going anywhere soon.

·
Registered
748 Posts
i had the same problem as well although i eventually persuaded the thing to come off with the tool. i dont understand why they cant use hose clamps its already clamped to the frame its not like its going anywhere soon.

Because that makes too much sense and would make it too easy for us "back yard" mechanics to work on our cars.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I have heard of using a zip tie to push those metal fingers back or a marker cap cut in half. No special tools needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts