TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the introduction of ethanol in the gasoline now, I have heard several stories about outdoor equipment it having severe trouble with the E10. Most marine engine manufacturers are recommending an additional fuel filter along with a water seperator. Well knowing ethanol absorbs moisture a lot easier and faster than water, I am concidering a fuel filter/water seperator for the Mark http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400006+304356+115&autoview=sku
I am wondering if this is a good idea?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
well, where are you worried about the fuel absorbing the moisture from?
The gas station pumps have filters and water filter/sensors. If they pick up water moisture, it will shut the pump down. The only place that you would be able to pick up moisture would be your own gas tank....but I don't think thats going to happen(unless you drive in water above your fuel door a lot :tongue: )

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about other areas, however here in Jackson, water in gas station's tanks is a common occurance, even with regular gas. Also my car is about a once a week driver. I also forgot, I live in a low area and almost every time it rains hard, there's about a foot of water for about 200 feet I have to cross just to get out of my driveway....it sucks living in a swamp :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts