TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help real quick before I go out tomorrow. I want to replace my current fuel filter with a new one.I have never done this before, how easy is it? It's located under the passenger door or no? Is there a certain size that I need? Any information that I need to buy one and install would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just ask for a fuel filter at your local parts store. Specify year, make, model and engine size. Yes it's right under the passenger door. See - FUEL
Graham. ThunderCentral.:)

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
big mike said:

as easy as using the search button :)
Did that and only found information about others having idle problems.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did, I am in the middle of seeing if there are any leaks. Just put the new one on. Thank for the page, it helped!

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you need a filter right away go to a walmart. They have a fram filter which is just as good as the original. If you have time to wait you can order a motorcraft original from partsamerica.com it is a lot cheaper there. You can also get an original air filter as well. Replacing it is very easy. it is located underneath the door on the passenger side. You first have to remove the cover and then you remove the two plastic retainer clips. your new filter should have the two replacement retainer clips to install with the new filter. It should only take you about 30 minutes and that includes jacking the car up a bit. I wish my windstar van was this easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts