TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Occasionally my fuel gauge will read incorrect or just fly off the chart. DOes anybody know what would cause this? Where the gauge reads from? the EEC? a direct sensor? etc?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Well, the sender is going to be on the fuel pump assembly in the fuel tank. I have been told by others on the board that very often, the problem is the gauge itself. I heard a rumor that Ford was actually kind enough to put an access panel under the back seat to keep you from dropping the tank. Would be nice, doubt if it's true.

Bob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea...it would be nice...If it were there...maybe cutting a hole in the floor would do it! :wink:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
heh, there is no access panel in the floorboard of any mn12.

Unless it was put there by the owner. I hear MaddMartigan is handy with a hammer...

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Al_Florida said:
heh, there is no access panel in the floorboard of any mn12.

Unless it was put there by the owner. I hear MaddMartigan is handy with a hammer...
I knew you guys could appreciate a good joke! :rolleyes:

Bob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So are the gauge and the low fuel light related (does the light read from the gauge), do they read from different sensors, or do they read off the same sensor?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I have a problem where my gauge always reads past full and my low fuel light is alway on. I was advised by another member that he fixed both problems by replacing the gauge itself. I think the thread was titled "Information center grounds" or something like that.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts