TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever hear of a "Slosh module"? A ford dealer just put a sending unit in my 96 T-bird and the gauge still wasn't reading right. I took it back and the guy told me that I needed this module? He said it is located behind the fuel gauge in the dash!
Anyone ever heard of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Yup. Actually it's an anti-slosh module. It dampens the variations in resistance in the sending unit. If the fuel in the tank is sloshing around, then so is the fuel level sensor, and if it wasn't for the anti-slosh module, your fuel gauge would be jumping all over the place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...thats good news I guess! But I only have one problem! The guy at the dealership said that its not available by ford anymore. Do you have any ideas where I might look for one?

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was always told that my gas tank in my 96 Monte Carlo had "slosh" baffles in it to stop the gas from sloshing around.

Funny thing, after the dealer replaced the fuel pump, my gauge started jumping around. They blamed it on the baffles, which they claimed they didn't break. Funny it started the week I got the car back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll never guess what happened!
I got this wild hair! I took apart my dash and when I was pulling on the gauge panel this circuit board fell out in my hand! I still have no idea what is was...but needless to say I pushed it back into the dash and my gauge started working!! Talk about lucky!!

Thanks for everyones support and help!

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts