TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well im thinking about going fuel injection instead of my carb setup. i dont want to put up with the hassle of combining the the 91-93 wiring into my 96. what kinda standalone setup would you recommend.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
MegaSquirt=do it yourself stand alone...cheap and fully programable,lots of options to choose from,diagnostic port,can be piggybacked to run with EEC, reliable as far as ive heard, and much more. A great deal of stang turbo guys are switching to MS.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xfi looks good but is salty. what mega squirt do you recomend? massfloe is also very salty.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
xfi looks good but is salty. what mega squirt do you recomend? massfloe is also very salty.
check this link out has alot of info. Megasquirt is a do it yourself stand alone. There are many options to order the ecu with. For fords eeciv they have direct plug in harnesses but the mod guys have to hack into the harness. Check this link out http://www.DIYautotune.com

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think mega will be my choice here shortly. get the car running on carbed first and see if i like it then move up if not pleased

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Salty ?

Just wondering what that means, because I've got FAST XFI on my 93 and if anything I think it's sweet.

David

·
Registered
76 Posts
Stand Alone Controller

Check out Big Stuff....... Top of the line control systems...... He did the first DFI stuff that people have since copied. The new stuff is outstanding..... It can handle any set-up you build.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
salty as in price wise. very expensive lol. i just seen some of the big stuff line. i think im going with megasquirt tho

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am also going with megasquirt!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
the only draw back about megasquirt is the learning curve. theres alot to understand about this system. Its not just a simple plug and play stand alone

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are a few locals that know it really well and run it in some pretty fast DD cars.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i went with megasquirt what all would i need? could i just grab the efi intake off of some v8? like a bird or a mustang? what all would i need. i could prob make a trip to the yard and get it all in the next few days

1 - 14 of 14 Posts