TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel injector cleaner, I'm about to in bark on a 600mile trip and wanted to add a little fuel injector cleaner to a full tank on the way.

I have used Lucas fuel injector cleaner for years however I have never used it in a car 2004 or newer will this stuff be fine or what do you recommend???

2004 CV Sport 44k miles.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
i would use something with less top end lubricants and more cleaner, something like seafoam in the gas, or full throttle, or valvoline. Not a fan of lucas fuel injection cleaner it fouled my evap purge valve and sensor assembly.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
+3 For the Seafoam.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I didn't notice any difference when I used the Seafoam. Maybe it's because my car only has 85k? IMHO, it didn't run any better or worse.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Fuel injector cleaner, I'm about to in bark on a 600mile trip and wanted to add a little fuel injector cleaner to a full tank on the way.

I have used Lucas fuel injector cleaner for years however I have never used it in a car 2004 or newer will this stuff be fine or what do you recommend???

2004 CV Sport 44k miles.
Chevron Techron is excellent stuff.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Agree about the Techron product. It is the only fuel injector cleaner I've ever used which actually seems to make a difference in the way a car runs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
run about 1/3 of the seafoam through the brake booster first, then add the rest to the tank for the best results with seafoam. its an easy procedure for those who haven't done it before.

start the car.
remove vacuum line to the brake booster.
pour small amounts of seafoam into the line (up to 1/3 of the bottle)
when white smoke begins coming out of the tail pipes shut off the car and let it sit for 10 minutes.
start the car back up and let it idle for a minute or two.
then hold at 2k rpms for 20-30 seconds (until thick white smoke begins to billow out of the tailpipes).
after that throw some revs then let it idle till the white smoke lessens. shut it off and add the rest to the tank.

a majority of dealers and performance shops use seafoam to clean injectors prior to flow testing. Chevron Techron is also really good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts