TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured that since I haven't put the '96/'97 fuel rail on my Explorer motor yet, I would go ahead and replace the injector O-rings. I went to my local Ford dealer and they sold me a pack of ten of the thick O-rings and told me that they cannot get the lower O-rings. Was this guy full of it or not?
I considered going to AutoZone or Advanced Auto, but a friend of mine has had bad luck with aftermarket O-rings.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
There not the same size? I thought they were the same but what do I know. :zdunno:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al_Florida said:
There not the same size?...
I was told that the top ones are thick and the lower ones are thinner. The guy at the dealer could have been full of it on that subject too. If anyone here knows for a fact, please let me know.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Interesting.
I had to get some new ones once (changed spark plugs post-AED...ripped one of the O-rings...fuel everywhere on startup...not good) and I went to a local Ford dealership (pre-Dan Newman) and I ask for the O-ring for a 4.6L Thunderbird and they sold me a set of 10 in a package. I wasn't aware of a distinction. And they've worked for about 3 years now. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
If someone has a FRPP catalog lying around, there is a diagram of the different types of injectors in it (on the page that has the different injectors for sale). The diagram has all the dimensions for the injectors.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the size of the O-rings might be listed in that drawing, so that would give you a definite answer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well, I put my pack of 10 from Dan on the bottom. They were the ones swollen. No leaks yet. I am under the impression that they are the same size also. Dan's not answering the phone, But I'll keep trying.

Rob

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Nothing like physical measurements to clear things up. I guess I'll just buy another 10 pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts