TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a slight build.
Current ride is 98lsc with exhaust ,upgraded intake cams and superchips tuner..
I plan nitrous,255lph fuel pump and 90mm lmafs.
Here's my ?. Can I install the 42s now,before tune and lmafs with no major issues..Ive used 24s on non tuned sohc no issues..
They won't be used but 1000 miles n 2 months TOPS until I get the other parts and tune..reason I don't wanna wait is i could sell or trade my stock 24s in the meantime..if all it does it make it run richer ,fine for now ..I have exhaust ,cam and my tune advanced the timing and she almost seem lean rite now as I get a little pinging I cam hear the 1st few seconds I shut it off.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
No, if it runs at all, it will wash down the cylinder walls and wear out the rings and cylinder bores.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you're going to do it anyway, but Mikey is exactly right. Additionally you'll also likely wipe out the o2 sensors and kill the cats if you still have them.

And before you ask, no, the lmaf won't magically match the injectors either.
I'm aware about the mafs matching b.s....I was scared about wash too..
I coulda maybe got by with just 30s over the 24s but yaaaa lol 42 is different..
Damn...

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
I have a MarkVII in the shop right now where someone thought 30's would be ok without a tune. It wiped out the cylinder walls to the point that the block was useless, and in addition to new pistons and rings, I had to get another block, have it machined, and then transfer everything over. The guy's bill is going to be around $4K just to fix what he broke by driving it untuned for a few thousand miles. If you change injectors, you need a tune, plain and simple.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a MarkVII in the shop right now where someone thought 30's would be ok without a tune. It wiped out the cylinder walls to the point that the block was useless, and in addition to new pistons and rings, I had to get another block, have it machined, and then transfer everything over. The guy's bill is going to be around $4K just to fix what he broke by driving it untuned for a few thousand miles. If you change injectors, you need a tune, plain and simple.
Omg...and this is why I ask you gurus

·
Registered
81 Posts
Planning a slight build.
Current ride is 98lsc with exhaust ,upgraded intake cams and superchips tuner..
I plan nitrous,255lph fuel pump and 90mm lmafs.
Here's my ?. Can I install the 42s now,before tune and lmafs with no major issues..Ive used 24s on non tuned sohc no issues..
They won't be used but 1000 miles n 2 months TOPS until I get the other parts and tune..reason I don't wanna wait is i could sell or trade my stock 24s in the meantime..if all it does it make it run richer ,fine for now ..I have exhaust ,cam and my tune advanced the timing and she almost seem lean rite now as I get a little pinging I cam hear the 1st few seconds I shut it off.

just calibrate it : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-Force-Sniper-Tuning-Special-Forces-Kit-For-Gas-Or-Diesel/332536921658?hash=item4d6cbebe3a:g:XXcAAMXQ6BRRYpN9&vxp=mtr

works for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts