TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my 3.8 this winter after a blown head gasket in the fall. I'm putting a bigger cam, doing some head work, and putting in a chip. I didnt think about the injectors or regulator. I realize i will be needing larger injectors, but not sure if I should find a stock ford, or go after market. Do I need to replace regulator and or pump.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
the normal operation of the regulator will have no effect, so long as it is working properly

for the injectors, ford is always good, but aftermarket injectors can be good to so long as your chip is programmed with the 5 injector flow parameters to let the pcm know that the fuel flow delivery model has completely changed.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,517 Posts
I've got the stock 19s off my car if you're interested. Their usefulness depends on your ultimate power goals; they should be good to about 180-190 BHP on a v6. As for the fuel pump... I wouldn't trust the stock pump much past 250 BHP. If it's the stocker, replacing a 20 year old part might not be a bad idea in the long run.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks maestro, that info is good to know for when I get the chip built.

I'll know what kind of HP I'll be pushing after the heads are finished, then I can figure out how big I'll need to go for the injectors.
I'll keep you in mind terminator if 19's will be enough. I appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts