TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got home a little bit ago and discovered a fuel leak. Long story short, smelled gas on the drive home. Jacked up rear end. Fuel steadily dripping from, now here is where I am uncertain, either 1. the tank towards the top, 2. the rubber lines coming from the tank, or 3. around the rubber connectors to the steel lines. Has anyone had this happen before? I really don't want to drop the tank if I don't have to, just wanted to know if this is a regular problem with a high mileage car or a fluke.
Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
this is a regular issue i guess as far as Ive read around here. I belive its always the plastic fuel lines that connect the hard lines to the pump outlet.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yep. Follow the plastic fuel lines from about mid-door and where they turn upwards to go to the tank they seem to rub the underbody and eventually develop a hole.

Jay

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm not 100% on this but I bet you could cut the bad section out and replace it with some AIR brake tubing. Get the air brake compression fitting to connect the lines. Make sure you get the compression fitting with the little nipple part that sticks into the plastic line so you don't crush it. Hope that help. Maybe if someone knows of a better way they will chime in.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you want part number f4sz.9s278.a rear line assembly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts