TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car dynoed a little lean ( A/F was at 14.5 to 15 ) so I checked fuel pressure this morning.

1994 with 179000 miles original pump and regulator.

Key on Engine off showed 38 lbs. In specs

Engine running shows 32 lbs. In specs but on the bottom.

Engine running vacuum off shows 42 lbs. In spec but on the bottom.

What would be best course of action to increase pressure? New fuel pump?

Adjustable regulator? Something else.

Also checked vacuum and it is a rock solid 17 at idle.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
that's fine where it's mine's at 14.1 should be at a 13.1 for perfect af get more power and better milage im using adjustable regulator

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
it's a aeromotive regulator it cost me 109 bucks from mc racing here in kansas city. i just ordered it for a 96 mustang they are the exactly the same. takes ten min. to put it on. any speed shop should be able to get them.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I haven't seen the graph or your mods list, but the pressure is about where it should be. Does the car have a proper tune on it, and is it current with your mods?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Should have remembered: How old is your fuel filter?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put my mods back in my signature. Spec for pressure is 30 - 45 so I am near the bottom with 32. The tune could probably be tweaked a little since I have an early Jerry chip but I believe it is still very close.

Fuel filter is about 2 years old. ( I have a new one to put in )

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Were those runs fully WOT in 3rd, TC locked? If those were feathered in the A/F might not be representative of what youll get on a WOT stand. I'm also curious to see if changing that filter helps any.
This reminds me I have to change mine soon too...

·
Registered
615 Posts
DO NOT buy a adjustable fuel pressure regulator as they are pointless with these cars. With a regular you will only be able to increase the pressure temporarly, because then the computer will start controlling it again. Tune would solve your lean problem

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
ashish your wrong about that son i have won and my is still where i had mine set at you idiot so think before you speak or get the correct info

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
thunderbird96 said:
ashish your wrong about that son i have won and my is still where i had mine set at you idiot so think before you speak or get the correct info
The pressure will remain the same, but the EEC will change the pulsewidth to suit itself. So in a way you're both wrong. If the EEC sees the A/F ratio drifting to the rich side because of higher fuel pressure, it will cut the fuel back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts