TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am installing a fuel pressure gauge on my cougar. I will be getting the in-line gauge I was just wondering if this one Here will work I looked up a bbk regulator and it has a button for suggested parts clicked on it and it showed this gauge and a bbk for $50.00 if the summit one will work I would rather get it because it's only $20.00. It also says it comes with a NPT male fitting. Thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
As long as you install it under the hood, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Inside the car is a no-no unless you use an isolator. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I have the BBK adjustable fuel regulator on my 96 LX 4.6, and the tap port on the side of the regulator faces in towards the engine.

As they ship it, you won't be able to install the gauge on the tap off port.

I have not looked at taking the unit apart and rotating it to face outwards, towards the passenger side fender, so I don't know if it will or not. I'm probably going to drill and tap a new hole for the gauge, if it can't be rotated.

Also, the blue anodizing on the BBK gauge faded off after about 5 months.... really looks like crap - going to have to paint it.

Just thought I'd put my 0.02c in.... Hope this helps

Mike Klemz 96 LX V8 - Black!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
On an 85 TurboCoupe I had, I simply removed the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and replaced it with an AN adapter. Then plumbed it with SS line to a gauge mounted on the shock tower. Worked great and looked great! :D

I'm assuming the MN12 has that Schrader valve? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
On the '95, the schrader valve is just to the rear on the corner of the rail, from the fuel press regulator...BBK makes po-po pressure regs.... go for a kirban, aeromotive , or anything else.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the adapator I used.Adapator It was $7.95 and I got a white face gauge that says summit racing on it for $19.95 here is the link for that.Gauge Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts