TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I set my fuel pressure to in the summer I think mines at 41psi I have 30# injectors 30# mass air with 2004 PI engine. Ive been dynoed at 295rwhp but im dumping fuel out the exhaust. I have an adjustable fuel regulator btw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im n/a just bolt ons C&L plenum and MAF sensor 30 # injectors, plenum spacer 75mm TB and TB spacer. 255lph fuel pump, 373gears built up 04 Murader trans. Ford Racing 9mm wires stock coils and a CAI.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
I see no tuning mentioned.

I'd start there.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
those mickey mouse mods won't turn a 260BHP engine into a 295 rwhp engine. That's about 340BHP to be churning out 295rwhp. Not very realistic. Sounds like someone was experimenting too much with the dyno correction factors. Can we see your dyno graph?

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
those mickey mouse mods won't turn a 260BHP engine into a 295 rwhp engine. That's about 340BHP to be churning out 295rwhp. Not very realistic. Sounds like someone was experimenting too much with the dyno correction factors. Can we see your dyno graph?
Oh crap, here we go again!!!!!!! Agreed!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Not that it will change my take on it---there's no way stock PI engine/heads/cams/intake with just a plenum that adds maybe 3-5rwhp end up dyno'ing as much as others who had to do ported heads/big cams/intake manifold. All the other stuff doesn't add any HP, except maybe the tune.. Spacers do nothing on a stock PI engine. Just curious to see who it is that "tuned" it to meet certain "specs". Hate to burst your bubble, but you got "taken" at your dyno shop, perhaps to make you think your money was "well spent" on dyno tuning. Realistically, your engine makes 220-230 rwhp on 93 octane. A true 295rwhp PI engine in an MN12 with 3.73s will have about 100 or so high 12s timeslips to back it up.

Anyways, just talking out loud. So did you adjust your fuel pressure back down already? Did you understand exactly what I meant by "39psi with no vacuum"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts