TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put in my FRPP 3.73 pumpkin, and I will be doing the driveshaft soon, so I figure while I'm down there with the tank dropped, it is a good time to install a fuel pump.

In the future, hopefully not too distant, I would like to have PNP NPI heads and headers with all the normal bolt-on stuff. Probably 24lb injectors.

What is the stock fuel pump rated at? 90lph? What horsepower can it support, and what power level can a 190lph pump support?

-Andrey

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, a 95 bird has a 83lph pump, and I suspect the 96/97 have pretty much the same, a 155lph should support over 300 hp, and a190 even more however if you plan to use a power adder, either nos, or a blower, other things are adeed to the mix and its best to ask your tuner/chip burner to give you a spec for the 'jectors and pump....

·
8,239 Posts
yeah, if you are taking the time to drop the tank then put in a 255lph pump and be done with it.

Last i checked the 190 and the 255 cost pretty much the same. If you are doing a PI motor then I would recommend a 190lph pump if you want to be blower friendly in the future go with a 255.

JH

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I just did mine this weekend. It was really simple. I have a 96 bird and the pump was rated at 95 lph. I got the 255 lph pump just cause I am not sure if I am going to get a power adder in or not. Leaning towards doing it. It only took like two hours. I did with one friend on my garage floor. which sucks but it was cool. The thing that I noticed was a much quicker throttle response. And when I had my friend turn the key to see if the pump would kick in, and it did, oh boy, that thing sounds like it is moving some $h!t.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts